Links to Feminist Resources (submitted by our members and allies)
FTF members monitor ALA exhibits, websites, and library research and publications
for content of interest to women librarians and women library workers. We encourage
you to submit your suggestions for links and/or notes to the
Web Manager for inclusion on this new page. With your help, we can keep
- African American Women Writers - Collection of writings by African American women writers of the 19th century, digitized. (Contributed by G.A. DeCandido.)
- Alternative Press Center - The Alternative Press Center (APC) is a non-profit collective dedicated to providing access to and increasing public awareness of the alternative press. (Contributed by P. D'Adamo.)
- Asian Women's Resource Exchange (AWORC) - Features a multi-lingual search engine for a database of contemporary women's issues in Asia. The search engine searches in Japanese, Korean, and English. One other section of the site is focused on the regional review of the Beijing Platform for Action. AWORC also conducts training on ICT for women. (Contributed by C. Cinco.)
- Feminist Majority Foundation - The Feminist Majority and The Feminist Majority Foundation are committed to empowering women and winning equality through research, the sharing of information of value to feminists everywhere, and effective action.
- Lesbian/Gay Archival Resources - Lavender Legacies: Guide to Sources in North America (from the Lesbian and Gay Archives Roundtable (LAGAR) of the Society of American Archivists (SAA)), a detailed guide on the collections and access procedures of more than 50 archival repositories across the US and Canada, holding significant archival collections pertinent to LGBT history and culture.
- Ms. Magazine - Now owned by
the Feminist Majority Foundation, this landmark publication offers
a robust website of feminist news and information, complete with blog.
LINKS: Women and Gender Studies Web Sites - Produced and maintained by the
Women's Studies Section of the ACRL, this comprehensive site provides a
plethora of resources relevant to feminist concerns.
- Women's Studies
Librarian's Website at the University of Wisconsin System - This
site is the cyberhome for the ACRL Women's Studies Section core lists and
many selected links to women's organizations and other activist sites. (Contributed
by S. Searing.)
Last updated: February 4, 2008